Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Now that the Musical is over...

Shall I label myself as a Genius? As a Hard-worker?

Is it my right, or obligation to call myself by those names?

Or is it merely a priviledge, to be lost or earned determined not only by one's actions but by one's intentions?

I could not answer these questions...and therefore slacked off.



So where does that leave me now? As a hypocrite?

Do I profess to be wise and learned and yet fall to enticings and temptations of all flavors and difficulties?

I certainly do...now, the problem, is how to change that.









The one thing I find I can actually do Junior Year is take notes (everything, of course excluding writing in my blog, oddly enough (that's the hypocritical portion).

I can actually go over my notes and from them be able to understand not only the meaning but also the purpose hidden behind them.

I take notes on everything from Seminary, to Class Lectures, and of course write down anything and everything at all useful.

It's certainly a great skill to learn, yet there are so many more that I should have already been doing by now.











I think I shall reinforce what is tabbed to my wall.

LEARN. GO AND DO.



Play Music Everyday.
Read and Listen Often.
Talk and Chat More.
Play and Watch Less.





Rather large generalizations, I know, but they are not only necessary but efficient...I should try using them xP







The problem is, not only am I filled with so many varying beliefs and ideals, but there is so much information I am taking in, and spending so much more time with so many things;
It all gets jumbled. Nothing is BlackWhite, only Gray...






That's why I'm writing right now. To accomplish that distinction.
It's taking a lot of effort to not press a few buttons to watch SGU, which is just getting into the philosophical and scientific and emotional and explosive climax.
But i can't. The entire day that I had (came home from school at 3, going, "I got tons of time! Hey Mitch, wanna play COD?" ...........idiot.) is gone, wasted away in what I hope and wish would be me strategizing as I fight off swarms of zombies... I'm not. and I know it. All I'm doing is listening to the dude swear his guts out and waiting till the zombie comes in range of my shotgun.




Fortunately, my mother opened the garage door quite loudly, and abruptly sent me out of my couch spot, into my room, in my chair, and reading, forcibly. This reaffirmation of location was surprisingly successful in reigniting my passion for the final chapters of 1984, and I finally got some degree of homework done...








However, the true reason it is that I am writing is because, as my Learn goals say, the only way to do something you don't want to do is to do it. Nothing will ever change if you don't attempt to change.





And I have to. We'll see.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Your independence amazes me! I am so proud of the young man that you have become. Stay focused on your goals. Let us know how we can help! We love you very much!!! Dad and Mom