I know, I know, the sudden name change- But I'll see if I can't write in this journal/blog more consistently then the Theory of Antigravity(Although I continue to divulge it)
Today, we had an assembly for Rachel's Challenge, a 17 year old girl who was shot and killed at Columbine high school 10 years ago. She lived her life always believing in the good and others, and had many goals set for kindness and compassion towards others.
She inspired me, and I want to say that lately (Also before the assembly) I have been thinking about those kinds of goals...and how it applies to me. I'm a nice person, but goals about compassion and kindness wouldn't mean that much to me.
Instead, a few ideals I am understanding (With Ap World Civ, Pre Calculus, Honors Eng, Honors Chem, and Japanese) are these:
1. If you worry about a test, then study for it. If you worry about a concert, then practice. If you worry about a date you're going on, dress up, and smell goooood.
Basically, instead of worrying about things, prepare for them.
Be Prepared. (Hey! I learned something from all those years of Scouts!!!)
*Aside* "It seems that everything I learned when I was young (Boy scout motto, or 'keep your eye on the ball', only make sense to me now...You might say, then why would I have learned them then? The answer is I wouldn't have already known them now.
*Aside over*
The result is that you feel prepared. You feel ready, you feel like you tried.
And if you still fail, try again;
"There's no such thing as losers; only quitters." Rachel Scott.
And you know what? As long as you try, you got a pretty good darn chance that you'll succeed.
Finally, one thing I also want to say is that I was reading in my scriptures a few minutes ago...
I was reading 1 Nephi 16: 29, and at the bottom it says "...And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
Directly after I prayed strongly, this was an amazing verse. Nearly the exact same phrase was said by Rachel, yet I'm not sure what her religion was, although I most certainly know her beliefs. We've heard this phrase a million times, yet we still continue to overlook it. This phrase is true in nearly everything you can think of.
Socially. Being kind, like holding open a door for someone, or standing up for someone else.
Physically. Any sports guy will tell you, 15 minutes everyday is better than an hour one day a week...(woops.......)
Mentally. If you put in just that tiny bit of effort to stay awake in eighth period chemistry, suddenly you understand everything far more, saving you hours of frustration.
Even Spiritually. Especially Spiritually. Read your scriptures every night.
I'll try to. Let's see what happens ^^
Hopefully next time I won't write this long, or this late, but next time, I will let you look forward to a code explaining the Twilight Spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment