What is it, exactly, about emotional hardship, or the simple trials of life, that often manifest themselves as physical illness?
Even now, the hardship is weak yet the illness strong.
I've heard it said that mind is over body, and that certainly seems the case here, but not for a beneficial end.
Regions was yesterday, but State (tomorrow) and my AP tests (Monday and Friday) are too soon for me to become sick...Oh Cruel Fate!
I stay healthy and strong up until the point that I do need it most...as it most seemingly does...
[Note: Right now, all that I am attempting to do is rid myself of this Shakespearean ascent, for without I feel I may think clearer...]
Or perhaps not, I suppose...
My weak cough pervades my estranged throat.
My mind doth beg to be set free,
yet my head would scarce allow it.
My eyes would gladly rest themselves,
Yet my feverish mind continues to search
for the answer that escapes it yet,
as if it is to be found nearby.
My stomach continues to torment me,
feeling no remorse for its affliction.
Even my face droops as the same that
my heart droops within my chest.
I shall not be given a good grade
for abiding by the rules of
writing a sonnet, methinks.
Perhaps my dreams, not my life,
contain the answer...
I know that sleep, if found,
shall provide...
No comments:
Post a Comment