It being a week since my last post, is a good enough time to write again.
Right now, I want to tell you about Shizuko's Daughter.
I haven't finished yet, so I'm not entirely sure about most of this but...
It's a wonderful book- One of those sad books that every person must read every now and then.
It's about a girl whose mother committed suicide. Now as Yuki, her daughter, lives on with her father and new stepmother, It details how she lives, reacts, and feels of the her father, her mother, and all those around her. It's very eye-opening.
It's really helped me to understand how Aysha and Ty felt.
I realize I couldn't have possibly understood their situation. I can now sympathize, but I'm not entirely sorry. More...accepting...
So, for Valentine's, I went to a movie with Alena, Marae, their friend, and connor and hudson. My parents came too, but sat somewhere else. Before I summarize, I also want to say that Wednesday I went to Mattie's for her birthday party where we went Lazer Tagging.
Even though Teagan was at Lazertag, and Alena was at the movie, I didn't feel the need to be close to them...well, that's not true, but they were more friends to me, less ...I'm not entirely sure...
They were both great because it was only the group of friends (although Mattie and Britney, and Hudson and Marae were discreet).
And then on friday I evaded a sleepover with hudson and connor, but was dragged to Uncle Mark's on saturday cause it was stake conference on sunday.
I enjoyed it. It was just ps3 the whole time, and Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
And no matter how much I pushed it away, attempted to avert it, simply ignore it,
My heart still had at least a half-turn when mitchell said, "There's Teagan."
I resisted to turn immediately, but they(Stephanie) debated for at least a minute whether or not to sit next to or in front of me and mitch. I was able to concentrate on the talk by President Cutler, and answer the question of whether we were friends still, by my bishop.
Most importantly, I could happily and boldly shake Bishop Clark's hand.
And since david slept over, we played some carl's booty, and that was fun.
But today was homework, and Shizuko's Daughter, as well as Frogurt.
Now I'm prepared for school, and there's not much else to say.
Good night.
P.S. Oh wait, there is.
Because of Shizuko's, I was actually thinking about Aysha quite a bit. I watched 4 episodes of Gurren lagaan (although I have to watch it in Japanese, not English) just so I could be able to ask her about her stepmother.
With Gurren Lagaan, I hope I may have improved that friendship, at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment