Having a sleepover with Connor, Rees, (my bro was there too) was not a good way to begin this "Working Holiday" but I do want to share with you about Hunters and Runners 4, if not some of the other things we had fun playing.
To begin with, we did originally simply play CoD, Halo, and Metroid just in order to shoot and kill one another, and it was enjoyable/annoying but not really worthwhile (Multiple times either I had a killing spree, or someone else did, or no one played well at all).
HOWEVER: We eventually degraded our ferocity for violence.
It began with Connor and his SAM Turret. On a particularly one-sided game on Villa, Connor got bored with defending the house so well against me and Rees (and me and Rees had detracted to pure enjoyment and hilarity of our own death's in order to avoid anger and resentment) that he received a care package with a placeable SAM Turret inside. Now, whilst holding this turret, it completely blinds a person's view and it glows yellow. Having Lightweight and Marathon perks turned on (Runs faster, runs longer) he began to run with it. and I mean, EVERYWHERE.......
Pretty soon, the rest of us caught on to what he was doing and found it enormously funny. It became a game for him to run, us to chase (and sometimes kill, if we caught up) all over the map. and That, That was funny. We had a blast.
And it continued, with Rees and his "Radio". Rees discovered while at WMD, that by placing a Jammer down on the ground, it gives the similar appearance and sound of a radio. Connor and Rees (being sniped by me and mitchell occaisionally) then ran around, looking for places to listen to the radio, and hear the Nazi's send their overt communications, or hear the Train Station Channel, and other random hilarious sounds. I remember distincly a specific instance- I had just ran around a corner to an area that offered one very long, unbroken view. At the end of that, I found Connor and Rees, who had just set down their Radio. Taking aim, I shot Rees just after he set down the Radio. I looked over at his reaction, and it didn't change whatsoever (it was still in the child-like look of happiness and randomness and playfulness) and he commented, in a child-like way "I fawl down." Chuckling a bit, I aimed for Connor. The bullet impacted his head, flinging him down from a standing position. He said, "Oh noez, I fawl down, too." It was frickin hilarious.
Now that we were in the correct mood (where one no longer cares about the score, but to have a good time) we eventually found ourselves in the Jungle. Some happy soul found a railing blocking a small drop off. While sprinting, and then holding down B, a person can perform a leap from a running position to flat on your belly. This person found that leaping over this edge is just high enough to commit suicide off of.
And as they continued to leap, their teammate joined them in the leaping, while the other team found that during their jump it is rather fun and a challenge to attempt to kill them before they land. And so, Hunters and Runners 4 was born (chronology will be charted later in the post).
The Runners must set up a tactical insertion a couple of yards back from the railing, allowing them to respawn there quickly. They also need marathon to allow them to run long enough to reach the railing, but not lightweight as you receive no fall damage. The Hunters could technically be given any weapon, however since automatic and explosive weapons are seen as "cheap", Sniper Rifles, Ballistic Knives, and Tomahawks give the most enjoyment out of a successful kill.
Obivously, this is an Honor System, where the rules are not strictly, or unremovably set, where one person could easily violate it all with the flick of the trigger. Fortunately, being the founders of H&R 4, we were all in agreement and enjoyment, and no one purposely wished to end or quit the game.
We had a wonderful time playing- It feels...relieving to jump off a cliff. Exhilarating too, but it's more the feeling of releasing yourself from your cares and worries, and just letting yourself go.
Being a Hunter, it's a little more challenging and stressful, but because of that it's rewarding as well, getting that perfect snipe, just an instant before they hit the ground.
I assume it stunk for my parents, as it kept them up and woke my father up at 2 a.m.
I do apologize for that, but I hope you forgive me with this explanation, and my work to clean the house and care for my siblings.
So, I can now write in my three-word Journal, only this: H&R 4.
And Hopefully, everything that I have just written down will come to mind, being a successful memory cue. :)
Sometime, I'll write about H&R 1, and maybe 2 & 3 (1 was with Connor on Valhalla, 2 was Connor attempting to create memorabilia without a memory, so it failed, and 3 was me sort of attempting that same thing, though it was popular with some of mitchell's friends.)
2 comments:
Yeah, that's right. I just skipped to the end of your blog. BOO YAH.
Apology accepted. I'm glad that there was some creativity involved, rather than just random game play.
Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment