Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just Do It

For some reason it's taken me a good deal of effort to finally do all my homework and write in my blog, after such a bad week of all gaming, no working.

No really xD

But seriously, while I was in it, I had no idea how to get out, and even now, I'm not sure how I did get out.

I suppose I just said i would do it. Just Do It.

But it can't be so simple.

Because of the Special Conference during my gaming period, I came up with plenty of reasons to have gotten out and done something, but as soon as I got home, I just gamed anyways.

"Accept the fact that you will always be in debt. However, Never Forget."

This is an example of one of those phrases I came up with. It's important to understand it entirely, not just portions. No matter how hard I work I could never finish all of my homework, or I could never pay off the debt that I owe to people such as my parents, or Jesus Christ.

However, I must continue to push forward, with a head held high, walking in the strait and narrow path.

(Note: Financial and Biological Ideaoliges that it is necessary to always be in debt. Consider what happens if I complete all my homework. What would I then do? Probably Game, or watch TV, or something else less important. Therefore always having homework to do will keep me doing homework [something good] so...it should work.)



But that's only really coming into effect now, after school today. And there wasn't even any big revealing moment, no gongs and cymbals crashing. Just a small and light determination as I was leaving school, "I'm going to do my homework today."




....is it really so simple? it's almost not fair.....




I was also considering the similarites and differences between actions that benefit from short bursts verses continuous work. Monster Hunter Tri, for example, benefits from short bursts, because since it takes a decently long amount of time to log on, find a group, and start hunting. However, once you have found a group, you go from quest to quest to quest like *snap**snap**snap*.

But other things, like hygiene, are better continuously: No matter for how long you may brush your teeth on saturday, it will never be as effective in a week compared to brushing a little bit each day.

But it's those "middle ground" items that I can't fully understand how to determine.
Like reading the scriptures for example.
Of course it's important to read each day. Discover some good ideas, verses, guides, etc. However, equally effective, is to spend a couple of hours on a sunday, reading.
In contrast, when you read for that long (not assuming you're just straight reading it, which you[I] would fall asleep quickly to) you're not just reading a verse.
You now have time to Analyze, Compare, Review, Ponder, Understand, and Apply, all those really important concepts.

Of course, that isn't the greatest example since I should be reading those a few minutes each day, and maybe an hour or two on sunday, at least. (a few minutes a week would be an improvement, outside of seminary reading)






So, I suppose it remains; that all those intricate ideaologies, doctrines, and such, all continue to crumble under the simple (Because they're less friction in fewer parts :D Physics!).



Just Do it.

But maybe...






Just Want To Do It.

No comments: