Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I learned from Steve Jobs and Victor Frankenstein

So, Steve Jobs has died recently, leaving behind an epic tale of the revolution of computers, to iPods, and iPhones, and iPads (one of which, I wish I had).



He contradicts the lesson that I learned from Victor Frankenstein in Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley. I'll put the quotes back to back:



"Seek happiness in tranquility, and avoid ambition, even if it be only the apparently innocent one of distinguishing yourself in science and discoveries. Yet why do I say this? I myself have been blasted in these hopes, yet another may succeed." - Mary Shelley, Frankenstein, pg 192

"You've got to find what you love...Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."
- Steve Jobs



So, Frankenstein is reminding me about how the only times that he was ever happy in the novel was when he was surrounded by nature, or family. He was horrified by his work, however grand it may have been.

But at the same time, Jobs is telling me to get out there, and do what hasn't been done before...







You know what, I think I just sorted it out in my head because I wrote it down on a page :) Who woulda thunk it?



So, Frankenstein tells me to SEEK HAPPINESS in tranquility, and avoid the DESTRUCTIVE ambition, one in a non-joyful pursuit.

Jobs says to find what you LOVE, and be AMBITIOUS towards it...

So, to combine the two,











"Seek Happiness in Ambition"









...There is more that I probably learned from them, but that has to be the most definitive.

Oh! I just realized that I haven't yet mentioned what this whole Ambition is about - Well, it has to do with Anti-Gravity (What this blog was originally named for), and/or Wind Gliding, Solar Surfing, and every other form of futuristic/impossible flight...I will achieve them.

That, and I will strive for that which will make me happiest - The blessings that come from Celestial Glory, and all of the ambitious steps it takes to get there.






P.S. D5 1104 B5096070110 A0201070 A02050B 208070. 6085 A09CC A011070 7020 70501905C 7085 A02050C4, 9 A0208C4 820C4 8550 213B, A0110709107 7020 60701C0 910 807018 1104 A02050B 62050 170B.

No comments: