Monday, February 21, 2011

Well...

Once again, it seems, I've done very little of what I planned to do.



Surprisingly, what did happen was Minecraft. xD It was one of those moments, one of those moments...

I was captivated by the game when I left connor's house on friday, but after finding that it didn't work immediately, I just did some good stuff, like clean the house, did the laundry, took care of the dogs, etc.

But saturday, now that the house was clean, I delved into it a little bit more.
And the harder and harder it was to get to work, the more and more I tried to change my viewpoint, (To not feel guilty about taking so much time in doing it), that I was attempting to solve an incredibly complex problem, not just trying to play a videogame.

But even still, I put hours in; attempting to reroute Java, (must have downloaded, uninstalled, and reinstalled about 10 times), to unblock the cookies(used other java games such as runescape to prove that java was on, yet because of cookies that I was not allowed to unblock (even though security was set extremely low...I should fix that...), I was unable to get it to work.)...........

Eventually I just gave up, and the result was the last blog post, and me doing Wii Fit and having an excellantly healthy meal. However, as much as I tried, minecraft was still in the back of my head as a problem that hadn't yet been fixed. I went to sleep with missy cradled into my side while java, cookies, and minecarts flew through my head...

Sunday morning I gave it one last shot before entirely giving up (or at least I thought) and went to church.

There, Sis Anderson read us the passage about Peter, the fisherman, who has been unable to catch any fish in Luke 5: Jesus says, (vs. 4) "let down your nets for a draught." Peter says "Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net." [Note: this is exactly what I wrote in my journal]
{fish are found so abundantly, their nets break.}
"In the grand scheme of things do ANY of our little problems matter?
Will the Lord care?"

"Yes, He cares."
And when Peter saw it, he fell to his knees, before falling behind Jesus.
He gave up everything, even the fish at his feet.





It was such a basic lesson that I've been taught since Primary.
It was such a simple, unimportant VIDEO GAME that I wanted to play.

Yet...it was extremely difficult to be able to ask help for this...
But, in the end, I got down on my knees, and prayed to be able to play minecraft...

After my prayer, I took care of the dogs who had been whining the entire prayer, and moved the laundry, because I knew that prayers aren't always answered immediately.

But when I got back on the computer, guess what?.......











Within 20 minutes, I was playing a version of minecraft. And after I got back from grandparents a few hours later, I was playing the version that I had wanted to play all along.

(Grandparents was wonderful, btw, I arrived late, but we had ribs, delicious-pecan-strawberry-blueberry-blackberry-salad, yummy rolls, and cake and ice cream for birthdays)

As soon as I was sure that it had happened, and it wasn't simply an illusion, I hopped back down on my knees and thanked the Lord for answering my simple prayer.











Unfortunately, I just played it basically all day xD
*tsk tsk tsk*...so disappointed in myself...ah well...

I feel partially accomplished and that's good enough for me.






I'm going to have an incredibly week now, so hopefully I won't be impacted too badly from my lack of concentration:

Wed- (Night) Combined Trek Meeting.
Thur- (Day) Solo and Ensemble, (Night) 12 Angry Men
Fri- (Day) Jason's Cabin [Until tomorrow], (Night) Steel Magnolia's [not attending]
Sat- (Day) Jason's Cabin [Returning], (Night) Waltz Lesson, 12 Angry Men [either]
Mon- (Night) Steel Magnolia's
Tue- (Day) ACT

I'll write back on Tuesday Night, after all of this. Wish me luck.

No comments: