I just want to write for a little while, is that okay?
It's strange, school is nearly over and suddenly everything that I had been basing my life on is just...evaporating. Not that it's a bad thing. Just that...I need to adapt or be left behind, playing video games all summer. Which is a bad thing.
After I did all of the easy copy and paste work from my blog to Microsoft OneNote, I was really reluctant to start my journals...They're just going to be a lot more work: They're fully handwritten, the pages don't stay open, and besides a basic outline, what I write in them is different from page to page...
I really need to get up on that, especially now that I'm actually thinking about it while I write. I know that I can and will do good and hard work if it's some sort of project. Sometimes, a videogame can be a project, which is the real reason I spend so much time playing them, not because I just wanna shoot stuff up.
When I have a project, I am not only focused on that project but excited about it too. I end up being to finish massive amounts of useful, helpful work by the time that I am through with it.
There is a drawback of course- If there are other things that I should be doing, it's rather, um, difficult, to be do them, or even be aware of them. Focus is good, but only if it does not blind you to everything else.
And of course, that's assuming that the project actually sticks: If it's not my project, or it's one that I'm simply not interesested enough in, I will work on it for a short before I become bored or distracted.
What's worse, an uninteresting project can lead to one of them worst time wasters of them all- Being Undecisive. I don't do nothing, but I don't really choose to do anything...I don't sleep, I don't get anything done, I'm jumping from one thing to the next without really accomplishing anything... I came up with a phrase, "It's better to do nothing, than to debate about doing something."
If you're doing Nothing, You can just relax. If you're doing nothing, you can think. If you're doing nothing, you're doing nothing, however, you're doing nothing.
Meh.
Aaand...the urge to write is gone. Just like that. Maybe I'm just debating about doing something right now. Maybe.
P.S. Yes, of course I'm cryptic, and general, and gave you no juicy tidbits to munch on with that post...What? Did you think I wanted to? Psh, no, you're crazy! If you want to know more about me, just read my other posts...or better yet, come ask me yourself ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment