Sunday, May 22, 2011

Microsoft OneNote

So, in the "So little to do, so much time to do it..." Post, I made a reference to Microsoft OneNote ("OneNote's the bomb-diggity btw). I had only been experimenting with it at that point in time, but yesterday and today, I finally got around to putting it to some use.

I just copy&pasted my whole blog into a single notebook in OneNote. The Sections denote the month, The pages denote the post, and the subpages denote comments. The best part is that it really required very little modification on my part, it was already rather set up just for my purposes.

Just so you know though, I will not use OneNote as a replacement to my blog, or any of my journals and notebooks for that matter. No, rather OneNote (and this computer, through it), will be a sort of Home Base for all of my journals- A database of everything I've written, that is both easily accesible as well as easily searchable.

When I need to look for a certain date or experience, I can type in a date into the search engine, and every entry that included that date will pop up.

When I need to write a talk about a certain topic, I can assign tags to my notes, whether they concern Faith, Family, Law, etc. and I look up all tags in one place.



This will be fun and useful :)

No comments: