Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Happy :)

It's raining heavily outside.
My father will not attend church tomorrow merely because he was asked to teach.
I'm very tired from 2:00 am on Thursday, 1:00 am on Friday.



But I'm still Happy :)



Thursday night, I stayed up all night to finish reading The Promise, the sequel to the novel, The Chosen, both written by Chaim Potok. Oh, wow, that was such a wonderful book! The multiple reviews given to it were spot on- A touching, heartfelt story, giving (I can only assume), an accurate feel into the life and times of a Jew. I came out of reading that book feeling not only smarter, but happier, and kinder too. All that I can do is persuade you to read it. Please read it. [Yes, I know I'm talking to no one sp, shush].

I did have to get past two finals on Friday, and when I didn't feel that I had done as well as I could have, and I told my mom, and she gave me a lecture and a warning of what could happen...well, that kind of stunk, but once I got past them, life was wonderful :) Just, simply, happy.

Pretty soon after school, my cousin had her wedding reception at an indoor pavilion, and we went to go congragulate her, and spend time with cousins...Me and Collin annihilated my dad and my bro, including Collin's controversial diving save (Mitchell just barely tapped the birdie over the badminton net, and Collin dived for it, threw his racket to make the extra distance: Not only did he actually connect with the birdie, but the birdie FLEW BACKWARDS, up, and over the net for our point - Naturally, the rest of the day, my dad was looking up the badminton rules book but :P)

I sort of left that early (though everyone else left soon afterwards) in order to go to Alena's Birthday Party. Although Alena had moved, and things were different, it was rather interesting - Things pretty much followed the exact schedule of all of Alena's parties - Come over, visit and chat, eat dinner and snack on food, chat and talk some more, play games like Ninja, Twister, Truth or Dare, watch a movie or some funny Youtube videos till everything winds down, and we leave...



Eventually ;)



But that's not to be said, there's nothing wrong with uniformity like that - If anything, it was one of the funnest (yes, funnest), parties I've been to of hers. I just, chose to really be a part of everything - For example, if someone was talking, I didn't JUST listen, but listened and commented on what they were saying, as well as added something of my own to say.

Alena, of course, was there, along with Marae, Angel, and Nick. Also, her family was around for most of it, her mom, dad, brother, sister, and older brother (might've been an uncle), and, for once, I got along fine with all of them, rather than just sterile conversation.



*sigh* I wasn't gonna do this because I was afraid of someone reading it, but...honestly, this is my blog. No one reads it anymore ;)

So, as everyone was leaving at about 12, I decided to stay behind and chat with Alena outside for a bit...which, believe-you-me, was strange both to me and Alena - In her own words, "Usually, you bolt right on out of here."

We chatted. We talked. We didn't walk cause she didn't have shoes on, and it was late, and didn't know her neighborhood very well.

We talked about a lot, about what we had done in the past, what we were doing now, what we wanted to do later. We got along pretty well, I thought...




Aaaaaaand..........just maybe a minute before Alena's five-minute warning was up, I brought up the fact that, well, first, that I should be heading out...and I said, "Ya know, there was a reason I had stayed after for so long...I had wanted to fulfill that Dare." (In a previous Dare, I had been dared to kiss Alena (Didn't specify where) and, naturally, we all just kind of ignored it, we always skipped those dares and went for the ones that we could do, like imitate Michael Jackson, and stuff like that).

Having been talking to me quite a bit that whole time about how she had not dated too many guys recently, but was not looking for a relationship either...She kinda freaked out :P

Jumping back and forth, nervously, I could only barely see her in the dim light, and I was just smiling, watching her fret...

She said I could kiss her on the cheek, and so I did, as we hugged goodbye.

As I left, I promised her that I would ask her out soon, and I intend to keep that promise.



:)



Although quite a bit of it has worn off by now, that smile maintained its strength throughout that night, and the next day (saturday, today).



I went over to Ryan's today to finish building the cardboard boat for Physics with Easton, Andrew, and Ryan, and that was tons of fun. We just cut up some cardboard, measured it, duct-taped the crap out of it, ate cookies, threw and broke frisbees, crashed into each other with cardboard boxes, had pizza, played brawl...It was another Nerd-Bash :)



And almost immediately afterward, I got home, and most of my dad's side of the family went to go see Kung Fu Panda 2.

Though few of my family members would agree with you, I whole-heartedly enjoyed the movie. It was traditional, with Chinease puppetshows illustrating the story between the scenes of the movie, the music included more strings, more chimes, more percussion, and less guitar, less drums, it was quite enjoyable. The movie was funny, it was sad, it was uplifting, it was tearjerking, it was hilarious, it was epic, it was peaceful, it was climatic...It was everything a good movie should be, and more. I really, really enjoyed it.

Though I can say less for my family, especially Jason (When we saw him at the theater, I could tell he was a little distraught, and during the movie he fell asleep, and immediately after, he caught a ride to the Symphony).

But when the movie was over, we gathered up the crews at Training Table, and had a rowdy good time, talking about everything we had been doing lately, especially with the controversial badminton game :) It was lot of fun, a lot of good food, and very, very fun company.



I'm a happy guy.
I don't have to be- I could choose to focus on the stress that summer will quite soon be bringing, or of the headaches and cramps I've been getting throughout the day, and how tired I had been the last few days but...
I'm choosing not to.




And I'm happy ;)

No comments: