About time for a post, don't you think? Yeah, me too.
I would like to say that it's just that I've been busy studying for the AP tests, but I've really not. All those predictions that my teachers made of students who wait to review for the test only 2 weeks away (or shorter) are coming true...
Well, it's not that I'm going to fail them, but it's gonna be beastly difficult.
I'm ready. Not as much as I would like to be but... *shrug*
The main thing that I think I will have a problem with is bringing the information back. I learned most, or, enough of it, but if I can't remember it, it's of no use to me.
That's where this post comes in. So much has happened that you, well, really need to know about! And now, I need to bring all of THAT information back. [that's me justifying the fact that I'm not doing the multiple choice test...don't worry, I'm getting to that.
So, the title of this entry is rather strange, what's a Chiasm? Well, as the colons explain, a chiasm is a literay device (seen uncommonly in the scriptures), That involves a kind of- abcdefedcba thing going on...Information begins one way, changes towards the middle, and from that point returns to where it was.
A Chiasm of this last month (in terms of actual length, it includes a bit of march) [And for your entertainment and skipping pleasure, I will organize them in such a way that you can use Ctrl-F to find the sections].
a) Date with Kristen Whitney
b) That following Sunday
c) Instrumental Music Tour to San Francisco
d) AP US History and Chemistry
e) Missionary Night
f) 17th Birthday Party
g) Much Ado about Nothing
h) Lesson
i) Trek Fireside
j) Walk with Kristen Whitney
k) Michelle's Party
l) Easter Sunday
Let's get started :)
a) Date with Kristen Whitney
So, this was approximately 1 month ago, March 26th. Both of us had been looking forward to this date for some time, as we had tried to plan going to Les Miserables, but since that didn't work out, we just planned to go biking on this saturday...
And that didn't work out either! She got back from her Improv group a little late, so instead of biking to Gardner Village, we just went to Olive Garden ^^ Where she had never been! :O From there we drove up to Bountiful High School for a production of a comedy by the name of Charley's Aunt, which was quite good. We drove back and got home 'round curfew.
This date was, simply, wonderful. We talked quite nearly the entire time, though it wasn't the frenzied speech that it felt with Christina or Lela...At, a slower pace, one more like...my pace :) Turns out to be quite a lot that we have in common, a couple of things that we don't have in common (which those provided greater discussion and a more enjoyable time). The fact that she had never been to Olive Garden flabbergasted me, but all was well in that I got the chance to take her ^^
She liked my iPod and that means a lot :) When she saw the Hayao Miyazaki music, she kind of gasped and had a "No Way!" moment ^^ But the epitome of this was that, as I was driving back, she stumbled upon Tattered Slippers the Twilight Princess Remix...and Recognized it! Saying that she loves this song but also thought that no one had ever heard of it.......
Kind of dangerously, I nerd-flipped-out for a second :D
608560 380705 1104 9 C9B5 8550
9 81905 320D3015054 8550 7020 1CC 70805 20708550 7950C60 708170 9 81905 B1020A010 1104 6085 960 7085 20105 D206070 608097054 7020 D5, 2050 170 C516070, 7085 20105 9 A02080C4 81905 7020 38011075 7085 C516070 62050. 1104 C0560, 7051711060 D20D, 9 420 D5110 708170 A09708 8550 910 D9104.
Well, I remembered most of it but...there's just those key facts and experiences that I know I'm missing...Just shows that I should have done this sooner...
20105 206 70820605 259107 708170, C0560, 9 494 308070 CC0 150D 1502080104 8550, 170 C516070 62050 7085 C16070 3015070 206 7085 30C1C0
Girls and Boys are just so out of sync these days :P
b) That following Sunday
I don't want to spend too much time on this, it just needs to be said, although I have since gotten over my pride and forgiven myself and my father...
So, Saturday Night, I go on this really awesome date, warm and fuzzy inside, and I get some sleep for the coming sunday (which I revel in). I continue to have a really good Sabbath [can't remember whether Kristen was there or not, but she probably was], but when I get home, my dad has been researching and combing through all of this ACT test taking, scholarship opportunities, College requirements...
I'm not thinking about this at all! I was escaping from the world, releasing myself with Kristen and at Church, and he came around drilling me on the fact that I HAD to improve my grades, I HAD to take the ACT again, I HAD to prepare for college.......
(And all of this may have occurred the moment I got home from the date, before I could even go through all of it, which would account for how annoyed I was by it...)
c) Instrumental Music Tour to San Francisco
Oh Man. That's a lot to write about... I'm not gonna write about my feelings during it all, because I experienced those, and they're mine to have. I posted the album on facebook, but I will write down the itinerary here...
Wed, Mar 30, 10:00 p.m. ---load and depart Murray High School
OVERNIGHT TO SF
Thu, Mar 31, arrive at Radisson, Fisherman's Wharf.
Walking around Fisherman's Wharf till 4:50 at the Aquarium, and then Hard Rock Cafe at 7:00
Fri, Apr 1, Breakfast at IHOP. City tour by bus.
Arrive at Foothill College at 4:00 pm. Concert Band, Orchestra, Jazz Band, and Percussion Ensemble warm up and perform.
Sat, Apr 2, Breakfast at IHOP. Six Flags amusement park.
Sun, Apr 3, Breakfast at IHOP. Check out, board bus. 11:00 pm, arrive at Murray High School.
Again, so much to say, so little time to say it.
In fact, I'm going to cut this short for now. Finish it later...
And I'm back!
So, hopefully, I noted that the album for the San Francisco Trip should still be on facebook, but if you can't find it, be content in knowing that I took hundreds of photos and well documented this trip- Not only in photo, but in my mind.
d) Advanced Placement United States History, and Chemistry
Wow, these have been getting tougher with each passing day (mainly chemistry, cause I've been more of a slacker for that class than history...)
The AP tests are...well, next week.
Am I ready for them? I don't think so...not yet, at least.
We'll see how it goes...Personally, I'd rather not spend that much time on them, besides the fact that although they've been difficult, that that is the exact reason that I have enjoyed them...if only I could maintain the idea of these classes being a challenge to my mental capabilities, not a stress to them...oh well.
e) Missionary Night
For one of our mutuals (April 6), We had the missionaries drop in for a quick discussion, Q&A, and general questions about missionary life.
I have to say, I was reluctant to go at first, but was so glad that I went afterwards...
For instance, one of the missionaries alluded to the fact that the MTC was actually quite a lot of classes, not really what he expected...SWEET!
I will be so ready for a huge classload ^^
And also, their testimonies were so strong, that even though it was hard to leave everything behind, they would do it again, given the chance.
I, too, am excited for my mission, now more than ever. Although I believe that people are called to be prepared for whatever calling it is, I don't see anything wrong with being prepared, in fact, me and boy scouts suggest it!
It'll be fun, if only for the fact that I say that it wil be :)
f) 17th Birthday Party
That was ToTally WICKED!!!
Let's begin with the attendees, in order of boys, then girls:
Connor
Hudson
Ryan
Rees
Jesse
Shellie
Marae
Teagan
Alena
Lela
Kasie
Kristen
Perhaps you noticed something odd with which the way that I grouped them?
Although all of the boys are together in a group, Shellie and Marae are apart from Teagan, Alena, Lela, Kasie, and Kristen...
Perhaps there is a pattern to that? I shall leave that to you to figure out ;)
I organized it a week in advance, finally deciding to actually have it because I noticed a flyer in the Murray Library- It said that Hudson's Church was putting on a stage production of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. That finally presuaded me to get around to planning a party :)
Many, many texts, and facebook notifications later, I got everyone here, on friday, at 6. We hung out upstairs, had pizza, before carpooling to Calvary Chapel.
The play itself was...well, not THAT wonderful, at least not in comparison to the Cross and the Switchblade, but it was a well-rehearsed play...No, what was more interesting, was the setup that I chose with which we all sat.
For the first group that was there (Kristen, Ryan, Jesse, and...someone else, got lost on their way here...) I had all of them sit in the row in front of me, and I sat in the row behind. That way, I could easily respond to and join in to any one of their conversations- After all, I was the birthday boy, I was the lynchpin :)
But, perhaps as a forewarning of things to come, Kristen eventually arrived and sat next to me, in the row behind everyone else... :)
And, for some strange reason, I was a little less, well, GRAVITATED towards everyone elses' conversations, though they attempted to pull me in, or I joined, every now and again...But, nevertheless, I sat next to Kristen for the rest of the play :)
[Sidenote: Jason was there! I guess, his coworker was Aslan, and his buddy dragged him here to see it with him ^^]
After the play, everyone retired to my house where they all split up in some form or another- In general, my nerdherd of dudes played Brawl, etc., my dramatists went upstairs to watch some Harry Potter performance, and everyone else played pool (That's extrememly generalized, as people darted to and fro [mainly me] but it was impossible to keep track of them all :) )
It was very enjoyable.
g) Much Ado about Nothing
This was a play that Kristen was in that I attended, over at the Midvale Main Street Theatre. I sat in the center, and eventually Carly and her...aunt? Guardian? Faithful Friend?....Gah, I still don't know her name!......sat down next to me, and we watched the play.
Which...wasn't all that good, to be honest ;/ ...
^^ Although, we had a good laugh when the main character was giving his monologue, supposedly he was realizing his love for the other character, and his voice cracked... throughout the rest of the play we kept whispering "He's becoming a Man on-stage!"
Kristen was the oldest and most skilled of all the performers, and had the motherly role- She did very well, and even had a cute little accent xD
[Sidenote: I met Daxx, who was working at the front of the theatre, at the snack shack :)]
h) Lesson
I don't want to say too much about this, cause I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to have been, but just say that the topic was on how the Atonement and Repentance can help us remain worthy as Priesthood holders...
i) Trek Fireside
This was quite similar to last year's Youth Conference, except that they briefed us on what we needed to know for Trek- They had 4 rooms, one for equipment needed for Trek, the stories behind Trek, what to expect to get from Trek, and the music and singing for Trek.
I took copious notes, but few members of my ward were in attendance, and none of my cloest friends so...
j) Walk with Kristen
Now, wasn't this just a wonderful experience!
So, I'm wallowing in self pity of all of the work that I need to do, and being ragged on by my mother and father for my terrible grade in AP Chem (D), that I finally just decided to go out for a walk, and work in my boots, if I could.
As I'm walking, and loving the chill on cheeks, the crunch of the sidewalk underneath my boots, I look up and to my right...up the hill, towards the house where Kristen Whitney lives. And so, I feel a prompting to text her, see if she's home, and wants to walk with me...
But, the strange part of this, was that I responded to that feeling immediately. My past proves me to being slow to acknowleding the pressures of the spirit...but for once, I took its advice straightaway.
Lo and Behold, she was home! Not only that, but would be glad to walk with me too! :)
I had already started walking past her house, so I stopped, turned around, and picked her up, chit-chatting with her parents when I got there.
And, so, we walked. And talked. :)
It was, just, well, good :)
We went (starting from) her house, then followed Willow Pond park to get to Jordan River Parkway, where we walked left all the way to Winchester, then kind of looped around, and instead went up and over the bridge and came back.
We talked, but contrary to talking so hastily with some of the other girls that I've known (referenced to in the 17th Birthday Party list, if you noticed), We really, just listened. Listened either to what the other person had to say, or everything around us. The parkway (assuming that you're with someone), isn't scary, in fact, it's rather beautiful- after dark.
A05 301806054 2010 7085 2509475 1104 814 1 501708550 6020670 1104 40809570 D20D51070... 1104 C0560, 9 85C4 8550 81104 62050 7085 C16070 C57 206 7085 7050930... 2044CC0 609D9C150 7020 208050 69506070 41705...
k) Michelle's Party
We're now caught up a little more to the present now...Yesterday I took Kristen to Michelle (Shelly, Shelly-mi-goo)'s birthday party.
And...well, it was fun, I suppose, but it was a very long time, with just all girls, and me only kind of knowing some of them...Although me and Kristen were basically together the whole time, we didn't really...bond, or anything like that...
l) And Today, Easter Sunday.
That was also wonderful! I really felt the spirit today, I must say :)
It began as well as it could have-...Due to the worryness that I felt during Michelle's entire party, I finally got around to finishing that MC test that Mac gave us...the determining factor was that I set a time limit, and that finally got me to do it. Once that was complete, I went back to my favorite time of the week, and that was going to church (first to prepare for Choir, then play in priesthood, then listen and participate in both Priest's Quorum and in Sunday School, and rejoice in Sacrament Meeting, especially in performing He is Risen from the Dead. We also stopped at both Grandma and Grandpa J's for dinner, and then Grandma C's to say hello.
If it wasn't central to my thoughts, then it was at least always a part of my thoughts, The Atonement of Jesus Christ, all day :)
And nothing else gives that good of a feeling :)
I hope you caught the Chiasm in all of that ;)
PHEW! I think I'm finally caught up!...Now time to get behind again, as I have Region for Orchestra on Thursday, State for Percussion on Saturday, AP Chemistry Exam on Monday, and AP US History Exam on Friday (and then Arts Fest on the next friday) xD
Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers ;)
P.S. Allow me to now express my content...on this piano.
No comments:
Post a Comment