Yep ^^
So, here's what I know so far after Obama's presidential address at about 9:55 pm on Sunday Night, 5/1/11:
Osama Bin Laden is Dead.
Apparently, J-SOC (Joint Special Operations...Committee?) organized an assault on a mansion which intelligence had suggested that Osama had been hiding in with his family, in Islamabad, Pakistan. They rushed the home, and after a brief firefight, killed Osama, and recovered his body. The doctor on call confirmed the body, with blood and DNA tests.
*See President Obama's Speech*
That's about the first speech given by a president that I really listened to.
It's also the first major event that I knew exactly what I was doing when I heard the news [I had been watching House for a few hours, and came upstairs, sitting on the staircase, watching the computer/tv that everyone but my dad was watching {including the dogs}. The show Undercover Boss was interrupted with Breaking News from CBS, and the first thing that he said was Osama Bin Laden is Dead.]
Obama gave a speech which they very delicately crafted, due to the fact that not only American people but Pakistani, and Islamic people would hear as well.
He talked about the details of the assault, and had most of the who, what, where, when, and how's. He took time with Why, speaking about 9/11, and how Osama had declared war not only with America [at 9/11] but with Pakistan, and other countries too [later on}. He said, that Osama was a man who all people could be glad with the news of his death.
As I was listening to this speech, and to the unfolding events, I kept feeling a tight pinch in my stomach, of forgiving him for his wrongdoings.
And maybe I'll be lynched for feeling that...but, I can't feel good simply cheering out in the streets that he's dead.
No...I'm cheering because he is in a better place. Literally. Currently in Spiritual Prison, he will be tried for his sins. He will feel the agony of not only the souls that weep and gnash their teeth at him, but also the cheering of the bodies still alive down below. So he will have his punishment.
But Jesus will forgive him, if he will forgive himself.
I will forgive him, if he forgives himself.
Now, maybe I wouldn't be saying such things if someone close to me had been affected by him, had been hurt or killed in 9/11.
But...I would like to believe that I have that strength.
Strength, to be able to go against the world, in saying that I forgive him.
Courage, to Forgive.
D&C 64: 9-10
9: "Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin."
10: "I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."
When I reach Heaven, I'm going to go speak with Osama, and Hitler, and Nixon.
And I will forgive them.
Because, if I can't forgive them, how can I become a God?
If I can't forgive them, how can I forgive my own family? and friends?
Aaaaaand, now it's time to sleep, for the AP Chemistry test.
Good Night, wish me luck.
1 comment:
Also, what I will cheer for instead are the hundreds of lives that will be saved by his death.
Post a Comment