Hey. I don't want to talk for too long, cause I need sleep, but I do feel obligated toward you, especially seeing as how I stayed up till 3 a.m. yesterday working on the SW:BF2 Halo level.
I've also had a headache (that I very obviously and stupidly gave myself) since after school, meaning I only just an hour ago finished the reading and could play some quiet music.
Dances where you can drive yourself are immensely fun ^^
That was the case last saturday, for the Night of Neon dance. Essentially a Mormon Rave, we had a good dj (as far as my opinion goes- He was white with large, squarish glasses, and probably some acne) that took only the most popular requests, and had lots of slow songs, and entire floor songs (Everyone by themselves, or in a conga line, etc.)
I danced with Lela .2 and .8 times (for a total of 1 dance), Danielle for 1, Katie for 1, and Teagan for....1.6 or 1.75 if I was lucky.
I think this was the first dance I really had fun while avoiding boredom, fear, anxiety, depression, even lust, stupidity, and some other interrupting emotion-
and all because of one rule that I am only just figuring out:
Dance Like No One is Watching.
It's like in baseball, keep your eye on the ball, or in AP, address the prompt, etc., or a car's blind spot:
it's things that don't make sense until you find them out for yourself.
In songs that I knew, I sung them, and danced to them, and enjoyed myself without caring who was watching. For those that I sort of knew, I came to know really well, like that song the guitar boys danced to in jazz band last year. For those I didn't know, I didn't try, or just took that time to socialize a bit with a few other people.
Otherwise, I wasn't actually in the Dance that much. It was 50/50 on the floor, and outside. When Lela came, I swear, she had gotten high off of something ^^ She was so crazy, and that was fun. It's really weird if your too embarrassed to get out of your comfort zone, but as soon as you do it's...relieving. Like cracking the joints on your back after taking an AP test.
And with my less hyper friends, they were playing Ninja a ton, which I could continue to expound myself in. There was one game which we played on a hill, which I used to my advantage. At the call for the poses, I flipped (half sideways, half backwards) yelling "DO A BARREL ROLL!!!" And I barrel rolled down the small hill. Then I cart-wheeled and tumbled back into the game, and that was wicked fun.
There was a half-an-hour of suck, but for a three hour dance that's really good numbers.
And even when I was leaving, going straight to my car, I encountered Teagan's dad (the now released bishop, and beard growing man) who was now marginally easier to talk to ;D
Oh, and that morning, we had the State Percussion festival at Northridge.
Nothing exactly special about it, but I had fun, we played well, and I enjoyed myself. All is good.
Good night now. Wish me luck with my homework, I'm gonna need it...Oh Crap!..-
*Connection Terminated*
No comments:
Post a Comment