I've been feeling like a Physics geek over the weekend.
And IIII lIke it!
Multiple events lead to it- Watching Stephen Hawking's Story of the Universe, reading for 10 minutes in the science of Star Wars, and then Researching and Thinking on my own, and Voila! You get Aerospace Engineer, Alex Clawson.
(ooh, that sounds so enticing...)
But that's not all, in fact it's very little. Honestly, the week, and most of the weekend, was just spent not doing homework, and instead playing Xbox Live.
Halo Reach and Battlefield Bad Company 2.
In the games, I've realized that my addiction is sparked (and held) by multiple points.
#1 The game is fun. (no Duh)
#2 The game is challenging. (I've figured this before)
#3 The game allows me to progress. (Recently understood)
#4 The progression (appears to) give results. (A new theory, beginning to test.)
It makes sense, and is applicable to any of the games, especially those I don't play at all, those I played for a very short time, those I played for a little while, then lost interest, and those that held my interest for a very long time, or continue to.
But I recently had an epiphany.
After all of that science stuff happened, I felt the urge to research some books to read, theories, laws, etc. about physics and Aerospace Engineering...And I was having fun. It was hard to understand, but I was slowly understanding it to. Suddenly I knew far more answers to many deep questions that I didn't know before.
I think that satisfied all of the limits ;D
So suddenly, as long as I can maintain that attitude, it is actually possible to simply drop video games for Education, maybe even Religion (that will require a lot more work, and perhaps the help of Youth Conference and efy, etc.)
[I find that again, Physical remains forgotten. Maybe I should record my health, feelings, even consistency of hair, number of acne spots, yellowish-ness of teeth...
I found it.
Although appearing blank to you, those last fifteen minutes were spent creating my new "Feeling" graph. The reason I did this was to ultimately improve my hygiene in various ways, but not only in by judging how I feel at night- But to scientifically graph it all, on a clear sheet of paper, should allow the information to be used right at my fingertips. Perhaps this will solve the Fun, issue, I hope it's a little tricky, But I'm quite certain to see progress (change or continuity, at least) and especially results.
Well, all that is still a distraction from the work due tomorrow. Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment