Great way to start the new year, huh? On Jan 3rd xD
Well, I barely pulled myself out of bed for this one, but it MUST BE DONE.
(I really hope this isn't another one of my "set-goals-at-night-and-forget-them-in-the-morning" routines...No, It won't be, I'll make it useful.)
Yes. That's my goal in writing this right now. To find the complete and unified Goal, Motto, Creed, whatever you may call it, that may help to improve me, my life, and those around me.
Please give me a moment to scrounge up all of my previous goals and ideals, etc.
...
I'm just going to list a couple of things, to help me think...
"The Code"
Learn, Go, and Do
Learn, Act, Share
The 3 Word Journal
Preach My Gospel
FSOY
EFY
Duty To God
Patriarchal Blessing
By the way, all of this will be done with this quote in mind:
"The study of doctines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior to improve behavior." (David O' Mckay, General Conference Oct 1986).
And also this phrase, written by George Orwell in the novel 1984:
"Thou shalt not. Thou shalt. Thou art."
So, if all of this is supposed to support me, to help me go to where I need to be, I'll just list the places I will need to reach to get there, starting earliest and going on.
1. Graduate High School
2. Graduate Seminary
3. Attend College
4. Attend Institute.
5. Serve a Mission
6. Graduate College
7. Graduate Institute
8. Aerospace Engineer
9. Temple Marriage
10. Celestial Glory
That's a pretty good list right there. And straight forward, though it gets foggy round the Aerospace Engineer and Temple Marriage part, though I know that if I trust in the Lord, he will guide me there.
Ok, so, those are my destinations. Now time for the journey...
There are a couple of things I need to do before those goals can be reached:
1. Cast off those sins which hold me bound.
2. Improve myself mentally (concentrate on my studies, rather than entertainment)
3. Improve myself spiritually (I've got a good thing going with my note taking in Church and in Seminary, i should continue those, however I need to personally pray and read my scriptures)
4. Improve myself socially (How am I supposed to find a Daughter of God to marry in the Temple if I can't recognize her now?)
5. Improve myself physically (alot of widows spoke in church today...of how their husbands had passed away, leaving them behind...besides, it may just help with the previous goal ;D)
Ah, Mental, Spiritual, Social, Physical. And it always comes in that order for me...*shrug* makes sense.
So, that was also a good list of the things I need to accomplish, to get to the places I want to go.
Finally, the things I can and MUST do now in order to achieve these goals.
1. Follow the Schedule.
This Schedule will be the critical point of all of this. On it, will give me time to sleep, eat, exercise, socialize, prepare, think, and of course learn, while leaving no time for games, for sin and temptation, and all those other stupid things.
In order to cast off my sins, the most important thing I must do is to go to sleep at a decent time and awake at a decent time. (10:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.)(7 hours)
Assuming I do this, I will not be stupid, and tempted at night, and in the morning, when I must be awake to learn, I will be.
A way to help with this is to a couple of spiritual and physical things which I entirely lack.
In the morning, I MUST SAY MY PRAYERS!!! (I never have, though I set goals to...)
I must shower (do that) gel and deo (do that) eat (do that, duh) brush (do not do that) and then go on time(usually...)
In the afternoon, I MUST NOT PLAY, REST, OR BEDGE!!! (I always do, and i end up trying to finish all of my homework late at night, which forces me into an easily temptable state). Though I do need some sort of difference from school and home, I am allowed to do these things:
Music Practice (be it band, solo, piano, etc.).
Check Computer (that is only for email, blog, facebook, to keep up on required things, not to surf, or enjoy myself)
Check Homework (Don't take too much time doing this: After all, No work at all for an hour is better than Indecision for 2)
I am also allowed a snack, but then MUST BEGIN ON MY HOMEWORK BEFORE DINNER! I neglect this time, thinking I can finish it all after...no...I can't.
In the evening, I MUST READ, WRITE, BRUSH, AND PRAY!!! (I never do any of these things, though I say that I will next night.)
Preferably, I would like to finish my homework by 10:00,leaving me a half an hour or so for these things: 3-Word Journal, Personal Journal, Scripture Reading, Brushing my Teeth, and Prayer.
Assuming I follow that schedule, I should be well within what I need to be.
However, I did not incorporate any social or physical time into that schedule...Later, I must...
Well, as a recap before I hit the hay:
Follow the Schedule.
Learn, Act, Share. (3-Word Journal, also)
Also, a little reminder of two things I have on my wall:
Play Music Everyday.
Read and Listen Often.
Talk and Chat More.
Play and Watch Less.
Love, Math, Engineering, and Music.
For those of you who read this...that was severely boring, and intensely hard to interpret.
Sorry! I love you all! Good Night! xD
No comments:
Post a Comment