(Read the previous blog post: Let's Do This!)
So...remember that unified goal I was talking about?...
I think I found it :D
"Thou shalt not sin. Thou shalt write and play. Thou art Alex Christopher Clawson."
That is using a quote from 1984, of how O'Bryan was explaining how the previous cultures had failed to control its masses (Thou shalt not. Thou shalt.) However, he made sure, not only to enforce rules upon the people, but to make them love those rules (thou art.).
A little eerie I know, but it works ^^ And now, an explanation...
Thou shalt not sin.
For those that know me, (Really know me) that has been the recurring problem that has plagued since foreverest. However, it is also a reference to the 10 commandments, and those basic rules (Not basic, actually...fundamental).
Thou shalt write and play.
This one is rather new, but is focused on my strengths (when in contrast the previous sentance was focused on my weakness), those strengths being writing things down and playing music. On writing, I have kept this blog for...three years now? I finished my 7-year long journal last year, and now I have:
2 journals for Seminary.
1 journal for Church.
1 journal for Personal Scripture Reading.
1 journal for Personal writing.
This blog.
My 3-word journal.
And if you go into all of the notes I have been taking in my classes, heck yes.
Hip Hip Hooray Junior Year. (still not sure what TRULY caused all of this...)
And also, as expressed in two posts ago, I talked about how I demoted video games and raised up playing music. The reason I did so was because I realized that I have a role to play concerning music, especially the piano but also percussion. For church, I will be the pianist and soon organist, and I would just love to death to be part of a professional percussion ensemble or symphonic orchestra etc. (For musicals or video games especially).
Though I cannot totally ditch video games, it is now demoted to the same status as television, free-reading, etc. I'd say that's a decent place to leave it for now.
Thou art Alex Christopher Clawson.
This is the most important sentance of the phrase- To start with, My full name means this: "Defender, Warrior, Conquerer" For "Christ". Alex (if interpreted as Alexander, like Alexander the Great) is Conquerer and Warrior, Clawson is a Defender, and Christopher has the root Christ.
But Alex alone is also full of symbology. To point out, the Codex is symbols that form my name. The A is an upside-down heart (a reference for my love for others, God, church, etc.) [Also, it is a connector to: Learn, Act, Share. The Scout Law, Oath, and Motto.]
The L is a pulley system, standing for Engineering. That is a reference to what I want to be in this life, a smart, wise, talented designer, drafter, engineer. It is a connector to Play Music Everyday, Read and Listen Often, Talk and Chat More, Play and Watch Less.
The E is made by the mathematical symbol = with a ~ over it, saying that this "almost" or "basically" equals something else. Though less symbolic, it connects to the Schedule, which is extremely important.
The X is formed by two crossed mallets. This is a reference to my musical talents, and love for music, which forms a great part of me. It has a lot of other ideals attached to it- "Perfect Practice makes Perfect." "Take Notes" "Analyze, Comprehend, Act" and surprisingly the "Scientific Way". [Most importantly, added as a side note, Be Happy! xD]
Thou shalt not sin. Thou shalt write and play. Thou art Alex Christopher Clawson.
Do you see what's hidden behind the words now?
And I can even further simplify it, for it to be a constant reminder to myself and others;
I'm Alex :)
No comments:
Post a Comment