Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Return to Normalcy

For those of you who lack a degree in symbology, this post will be slightly easier to read and understand. (Though I would question why you are reading my blog if you are not attempting The Mystery...the mystery that can only be solved after one has completed The Journey)

But seriously, this should be a bit more straightforward.





It is rare that I find myself at a good enough point that I am able to coherently write on a saturday night. Usually I'm so bogged down by stress and fatigue that I can barely walk to my room and hit the sack (Caused by more than simply physical fatigue and academical stress, but emotional, mental, and social depletedness as well.)

Because of that, I'm going to take a chance to simply record the events now. Tomorrow Night I shall post my weekly sunday night post, but perhaps it will have been more spiritually oriented, and focused for the rest of the week (decently challenging work, and Prom ahead xP).

Let's see...Excluding my discovery-of-the-unified-theory-of-me-post, I haven't posted since the SOS dance.

To be honest, this week has been revolving around that as much as I try to ignore it. Last night certainly helped though...




Hudson, Parker, and Connor came over (early, like 6) for a sleepover with Me and Mitch. We timed it well, just as my family was leaving for the Utah Gymnastics performance, so we basically had the house to ourselves (though all we needed was the downstairs, or just one room xD).

The events were as follows: Everyone coming, scrambling around for foodstuffs. CoD splitscreen for a bit, our favorite local past time. From there though, there was a period of an hour or so, of bringing my tv in the family room, setting up system link, and after that failed (techniquely), setting up Xbox Live accounts, before we finally had 4-player zombies going (Connor brought his labtop, so I hoped he would be entertained for long enough.).

At first, Zombies had a rough start- We weren't in sync, and though I won't name names, (HUDSON!) We were more concerned about saving ourselves than our teammates...though I admit he stayed alive, it meant that those that died had to wait for 5-10 minutes, depending on whether he was being serious, or just running around like a maniac.

It took us a while, but finally we came up with the strategy (or perhaps that Hudson left his behind) that we should just set up camp in a corner, and fight from there. With this strategy, 1 person covered two easy barricades, and the other three (along with an electricity trap) set up a shooting gallery on a narrow hallway. And since nearly all of us had a good or preferred gun, we had a bunch of fun.

However, Connor was kind of left out of this: He said that he hated Zombies cause he sucks at it (he does) but that's just cause the strategy to play Zombies is opposite he uses to play pretty well on splitscreen.

After that game, we were willing to quit (with lots of complaining too), and Connor popped in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. That was freaking Hilarious. It was the Embodiment of all that is Nerd, Geek, Punk, Rocker, Gamer, EVERYTHING! I loved it ^^

There's a scene where Scott is escaping from his clingy girlfriend who has just knocked at his door. His roommate opens the door wide (Scott visible in the background) but closes it to just him after he realizes who it is. She asks whether Scott was there, and the camera swaps to the roommate. He says "Well, ya know what?..." *CRASH* "...He just left..."

Just behind the roommate, Scott leaps through a small window, breaking the glass, and diving to the safety of the outside, as the roommate realizes that he just broke his glass. We thought this was so hilarious, so I got the controls, and set a loop for the leap through the window. We must have watched that particular scene at least 30 times over, but we were laughing so hard xD

We went to bed immediately afterward (most of us) seeing as how it was 12 o'clock.

And waking up wasn't so bad either, I went to Organ, Connor went to Piano, and when I came back, we just played more Zombies for a while.










That was a good experience to have. The kind of videogames I like to play. The ones where it's not just a free-for-all, determined to kill your buddies, NO, a chance to protect and support each other. It also kind of works as therapy for me, an opportunity to relieve myself of the stresses of being a boy, of being a student, of being a son, and to just be a gamer and friend ^^





And the rest of this week? Um, Early Bird Readers on Friday morning, kind of a weak showing, even for a first meeting. I got Annexed, a mostly-fictional story about Peter, the boy who loved Anne Frank.

Orchestra Fest, Band Fest, those were some pretty cool concerts. I certainly enjoyed them both, though I went by myself so there's not much I could tell you that you'd enjoy.






I think that's everything that I hadn't covered since the SOS Dance, and the Fireside. I'm kinda sleepy, and got a girl texting me so ;D

No comments: